Insert a schedule tableThe _vaTable command , allows to display a list with the information related to objects of the same type.
- Run the _vaTable command to insert a new Table in the model. A dialog with the list of table styles available will appear.
- Select a Table style (i.e. Openings) from the insert dialog box.
- Select all objects you wish to quantify on the table. The command filters the selection automatically, detecting only the corresponding type of object according to the table style selected.
- Left-click anywhere on the screen choose an insertion point.
Create a new table styleThe information of the tables, such as the table fields or object types are defined by the table styles. Let’s create a new table style for the wall object:
- Run the _vaTableStyles command to open the table styles dialog.
- Press the New style… button in the Style Manager dialog box. Follow the steps from the table style wizard to define the new table style parameters.
- Select the Style name. (i.e. Walls)
- Object type. Select the Wall object. (More than one object type can be selected).
- Table fields: Specify the field name and the correspoding property. (i.e. Style, Area, Length and Volume).
- Quantity field: Option to specify the field in which to group the table elements. In this case, group the wall objects by the Style property.
- Press OK to accept changes. These new table style features can be edited anytime. You can also add new property fields to a style created by selecting the style name, right-click to display the context menu and selecting New > Schedule property field.
Export tables to ExcelTables can be exported into Excel (.xls) and .csv format files once they have been inserted in the model.
- Run the _vaTableExport command.
- Select the schedule table you wish to export.
- Select the output folder and the format file you wish to save your table as: .xls or .csv.
Back to Index menu