Each component of a VisualARQ object, like doors or windows, can have a different materials for rendering purposes, as well as display and printing properties.
All these properties can be assigned to each object and component from its attributes tab, in the object style dialog.
- Select the desired style.
- Click on the arrow to display its components.
- Select the one you want to assign a specific material.
- Click on the Attributes tab and select a specific material from the list.
- The list will show the existing materials in the document according to the Render engine you are using. It also includes the By layer and By parent options:
- By Parent: the component will take the material assigned to the style. If the style has the material set to “By Parent” too, it will take the material assigned to the object directly.
- By Layer: the component will take the material assigned to the layer where the component is located.