Insert a schedule tableThe _vaTable command , allows to display a list with the information related to objects of the same type.
- Run the _vaTable command command to insert a new Table in the model. A dialog with the list of table styles available will appear.
- Select a Table style (i.e. Walls)from the insert dialog box.
- Select all objects you wish to quantify on the table. The command filters the selection automatically, detecting only the corresponding type of object according to the table style selected.
- Left-click anywhere on the screen choose an insertion point.
Create a new table style
The information of the tables, such as the table fields or object types is defined by the table styles.
Let’s create a new table style for the Curtain wall object:
- Run the _vaTableStyles command to open the table styles dialog.
- Press the New style… button in the Style Manager dialog box. Follow the steps from the table style wizard to define the new table style parameters.
- Select the Style name. (i.e. Curtain Walls)
- Object type. Select the Curtain Wall object. (More than one object type can be selected).
- Table fields: Specify the field name and the corresponding property. (i.e. Style, Area, and Length).
- Quantity field: Option to specify the field in which to group the table elements. In this case, group the curtain wall objects by the Style property.
- Press OK to accept changes. These new table style features can be edited anytime. You can also add new property fields to a style created by selecting the style name, right-click to display the context menu, and selecting New > Schedule property field.
Once the new table style is created, you can edit the order in which the objects will be listed in the table object. Select the table style and from the Sort’s tab, add a new sorting criteria.
The tables that group objects by common property fields, can be ungrouped from the „Fields“ tab, or by deleting the „Quantity“ property field. If you need to get this „Quantity“ field back, do right-click on the table style’s name, select „Edit“, which will open the new style’s wizard, and go to the step where you can specify the common properties to be grouped in that table style.
Finally, run the _vaTable command command to insert the new table style for the curtain walls in the model.
Export tables to ExcelTables can be exported into Excel (.xls) and .csv format files once they have been inserted in the model.
- Run the _vaTableExport command.
- Select the schedule table you wish to export.
- Select the output folder and the format file you wish to save your table as: .xls or .csv.
Back to Index menu