Asuni and icreatia are pleased to announce the second edition of the VisualARQ BIM Design student Contest.
This contest seeks to recognize emerging talent in AEC students. The competition is open to any student enrolled in an academic program (during the 2021 – 2022 academic year) associated with the AEC industry (proof of enrollment required).
Competition entries will take advantage of VisualARQ tools to create innovative design spaces with no constraints of scale or project typology.
Participants can use the VisualARQ evaluation version that is available for 90 days.
Registration and submission:
Fill the form below for registering your interest in the competition. A subsequent form will be emailed to you with the submission requirements, other relevant details of the contest, and a link that will allow you to submit an entry for the competition.
The projects shall be submitted before 1st March 2022.
The VisualARQ team at Asuni will make a technical preselection of winner candidates, that will be finally evaluated by the final Jury:
- Verena Vogler: PhD at Chair of Computer Science in Architecture Bauhaus-University Weimar/ R+D at McNeel Europe
- Jessesn Chen: Support and Training at Robert McNeel and Associates; founder of Shaper3d Design Consulting Co., Ltd; visiting Professor of the Central Academy of Fine Arts
- Xavi Garcia: Fouding partner of AsuniCAD. Trainer specialized in Autodesk and McNeel products since 1987. Authorized Rhino trainer since 1998.
- Sergio del Castillo: Design Specialist and Founder in MIAUTICS. Profesor at IAM (Instituto de Arquitectura de Madrid in ETSAM ), IED (Instituto Europeo de Diseño), CICE, and UAH (Universidad Alcalá de Henares). Authorized Rhino trainer.
- Enrique Soriano: Partner at CODA Computational Design Affairs. Co-Director of MPDA. Associate professor at UPC.
The judging criteria will be based on following aspects:
- Architectural Concept design / response to the project issues
- Documentation (floor plans, sections, elevations, quantity take-offs)
- Use of BIM concepts (styles, association, data structure..)
- Model Flexibility – can it be updated easily? How is it organized?
- Use of VisualARQ tools
- Use of IFC interoperability
Awards:The awards will be delivered on 15th March 2022
- 1st Prize: 1 Rhino educational license + VisualARQ educational license + 1 Lands Design educational license + 1 VRay for Rhino educational license.
- 2nd Prize: 1 Rhino educational license +1 VisualARQ educational license + 1 Lands Design educational license.
- 3rd Prize: 1 Rhino educational license + 1 VisualARQ educational license
The awarded people will have the chance to showcase their projects in VisualARQ’s gallery.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions related to this contest.